This is part of a series on the CrossFit Games 2020 Season Open Workouts.
**This article will be updated constantly everyday with current percentiles and strategy guides**
Last updated: 10/14/19 1:30PM
The first week of the 2020 CrossFit Games season is upon us! This marks the first Fall Open, and the only time that we’ll have two Opens in the same year! We’ve compiled the current preliminary percentiles for 20.1 as well as all the guides from top athletes and coaches that we think are valuable.
To kick off the first workout, we’re being served a for time workout with ground-to-overheads and bar facing burpees.
10 rounds for time of:
8 Ground-to-overheads, 95/65 lbs
10 Bar Facing Burpees
Time cap: 15 minutes
Ouch. 100 burpees total across this workout is going to make it get rough real quick. With ground-to-overheads, athletes have the option to do any variation of the snatch or clean & jerk to get the bar up. Burpees are business as usual, with jumping or stepping up from the floor permitted, but a two-foot take-off is required for the Rx’d/Teens/Masters variations. Anyone doing the Scaled variations get to step over the bar.
By now, we’ve had thousands of awesome athletes submit their scores on btwb already, giving us enough data to calculate some preliminary percentiles you can use as targets.
TIPS & STRATEGIES
Below is a collection of different leaders in the community dropping a little knowledge for the CrossFit Games Open 19.5 workout.
*This list will be updated constantly as more guides are posted.
- Active Life’s Warm Up 20.1
- The Training Plan’s 20.1 Movement Flow
- Pure Physio’s 20.1 Movement Prep & Tips
- ArmenHammerTV’s 20.1 LIVE Reactions
- Brute Strength’s 20.1 Tips and Strategy
- Cole Sager’s 20.1 Tips & Advice
- CrossFit Soul Miami’s 20.1 Tips & Strategy
- CrossFit Invictus’ 20.1 Beginner & Intermediate Staregy
- CrossFit Invictus’ 20.1 Strategy Tips and Advice for Burpees and Ground to Overhead
- Dan Bailey’s Open Tips for the 2020 CrossFit Season
- ICON Athlete’s 20.1 Workout Brief
- Jacob Heppner’s Tips, Strategies, Pacing, Warm Ups for 20.1
- Kristi Eramo’s Open 20.1 Tips
- Misfit Athletic’s 20.1 Open Breakdown Podcast
- TeamRICHEY’s 20.1 Tips
- Thrivestry’s 20.1 Quick Tips You May Have Missed
- Tier Three Tactical’s 20.1 Guide: Tips, Tricks, and Strategy
- Training Think Tank’s 20.1 First Thoughts
- Trifecta’s 20.1 Strategy and Tips with Sara Sigmundsdóttir
- WODprep’s 20.1 Ultimate Strategy & Tips