This is part of a series on the CrossFit Games 2019 Open Workouts. For more, checkout:19.1 Final Analysis, 19.2 Final Analysis, 19.3 Final Analysis, 19.4 Final Analysis, 19.5 Final Analysis[COMING SOON].
The final week of the CrossFit Open is upon us and to no surprise, we’re doing thrusters and pull-ups.
33-27-21-15-9 reps for time of:
Thrusters, 95/65 lbs
Time cap: 20 minutes
Since the Open’s inception, the final week has always involved thrusters, so finishing this year with them is what we were all expecting. Thrusters & pull-ups are a classic couplet in the CrossFit community, stemming from the mecca of benchmarks, Fran. 19.5 totals out to be 105 thrusters and 105 chest-to-bar pull-ups, more than double the total reps of two back-to-back Frans… needless to say, this one’s gonna hurt.
By now, we’ve had thousands of awesome athletes submit their scores on CrossFit btwb already, giving us enough data to calculate some preliminary percentiles you can use as targets.
Tips & Strategies
Below is a collection of different leaders in the community dropping a little knowledge for the CrossFit Games Open 19.5 workout.
- CrossFit Gymnastics’19.5 CTB Butterfly Tips
- TrainFTW’s 19.5 Tips with Matt Chan
- Cole Sager’s 19.5 Tips & Advice
- CrossFit Invictus’ 19.5 Competitor Strategy
- CrossFit Incvictus’ 19.5 Beginner & Intermediate Strategy
- CrossFit Invictus’ Tips & Tricks For More Efficient Thrusters
- Pure Physio’s19.5 Prep & Tips
- ICON Athlete’s 19.5 Strategy
- Brute Strength’s 19.5 Tips and Strategy
- WODprep’s 19.5 Ultimate Workout Strategy
- Thrivestry’s 19.5 Breakdown and Tips
- Rich Froning’s 19.5 Best Personal Tips for Success
- The Training Plan’s 19.5 Breakdown
- The Training Plan’s Open Guides
- Misfit Athletics’ 19.5 Podcast
- Training Think Tank’s 19.5 First Thoughts – Tips & Strategy
- Tier Three Tactical’s Open 19.5 Guide
- CrossFit SOAR’s19.5 Strategy & Tips