The First Pull #68
- Newest VNR Cycle- 1.5 mi run with Chris Hinshaw
- Latest continuous programs- Thundrbro by Dave Lipson
- btwb athlete Hampton Morris squats 401 lbs for 5 reps
This kid is strong
- PRVN team has their last training session
See how they end it before heading to Madison
- Pat Sherwood chats about intensity
And how it changes daily
- Michele Letendre gives us a tip
Check out this Bar Muscle-up scale
- Pat Barber asks an important question
See what it is
- Justin Medeiros & Friends take on Hot Shots 19
Check out a day of training
btwb Community Highlights
btwb team member Kyle Garzia uses Tempus for his workout.
btwb athlete Ellie Turner logs a 1:55 Fran and beats Justin!
Podcasts From The Community
VNR #119: An explanation of strict vs kipping movements for the average Joe
📺 Watch Apple 🎧 Spotify
– A VNR listener asked which workout schedule is better, six 30-minute sessions a week or three 1-hour sessions a week? This person is a new parent trying to fit as much fitness as possible into their busy schedule. Pat & Adrian discuss the pros & cons of these two options & offer a 3rd option to consider. Support the Varied Not Random Podcast
CrossFit Linchpin: Don’t quit & stay healthy = WINNING
Pat discusses inspiring weight loss, deadlift cues, and wellness over competition. Modify workouts, don’t quit, stay healthy.
Best Hour of Their Day: Chuck Carswell – Tips for Coach Development and Community Impact
Chuck Carswell: Respected CrossFit coach, enthusiastic, individualized feedback, celebrate scaling, improve coaching through mandatory feedback.
Huberman Lab Podcast: Dr. Maya Shankar: How to Shape Your Identity & Goals
Dr. Maya Shankar, a cognitive scientist turned podcast host, discusses identity, goals, and intrinsic motivation.