The First Pull #62- June 13th
- The Rogue Fitness Heavy Grace Challenge is live
Contest Details: Compete for the Fastest Time in Completing 30 Clean & Jerks at 225/165lbs!
- Congrats to btwb athlete Hampton Morris on his new Junior and Senior American records in the C&J and total!
I mean seriously…what can’t this kid do?! Morris also snatched 124kg/273lb to set a new Junior and Senior American Record in the snatch at the 2023 IWF Grand Prix.
- The Health Benefits of Finnish Sauna Bathing
Regular Finnish sauna bathing is associated with numerous health benefits, including a reduction in systolic blood pressure and offsetting the adverse effects of risk factors such as systemic inflammation, low socioeconomic status, and high blood pressure, thereby potentially mitigating the risk of cardiovascular disease, pneumonia, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, and mortality.
- Panel discussion with OUT Foundation about State of Fitness, Health and Wellness for our LGBTQ+ community.
This event takes place June 28th at 7 PM EST, click on link to learn more and register!
- Taurine slows aging in mice. Will it ever work for people?
A recent study conducted by an international group of scientists found that an ingredient commonly found in energy drinks and baby formula has demonstrated health improvements and extended lifespan in mice, worms, and middle-aged monkeys.
Podcasts From The Community
- VNR #114: How to design a fitness test for 1st responders
- 📺 Watch Apple 🎧 Spotify
- – A VNR listener who is a Police Officer wanted to know how to design a proper fitness test for 1st Responders. Evaluating the requirements of the profession, programming considerations such as equipment, ease of judging, & much more are discussed. Support the Varied Not Random Podcast
- Coffee Pods & Wods Ep 300- Brent Fikowski
Brent discusses various topics including his delayed arrival for a live chat, supportive individuals in his life, his friendship with Mary and her involvement in the Professor project, family attendance at his events, and his concerns about standardization and rule enforcement in CrossFit competitions.
- CrossFit Podcast- CrossFit East Nashville PRVN
CrossFit East Nashville PRVN is a team pursuing the Affiliate Cup in the CrossFit Games, discussing their motivations, expectations, and the significance of the competition.
- Linchpin Conversations- Are high level CF athletes healthy?
This episode discusses various topics including late-night sports practices, promoting an event, interest in organizing a Spartan Race, questioning the health of high-level CrossFit athletes, and emphasizing the importance of finding a balance between fitness and health in training.
- Huberman Lab Podcast: The Science of MDMA & Its Therapeutic Uses: Benefits & Risks
The podcast explores the properties of MDMA, its distinct characteristics from methamphetamine, its potential therapeutic uses in reducing symptoms of PTSD, and its ability to enhance sociability and empathy when combined with talk therapy.
- The Drive Podcast- Blood pressure—how to measure, manage, and treat high blood pressure
This sneak peek AMA episode focuses on blood pressure, discussing its measurement, management, and treatment, highlighting the importance of accurate home measurements and addressing lifestyle factors and pharmacological choices.