We just launched our own personal monthly competition. Go to the “competitions” tab in the header of beyond the whiteboard and click on “2 Minute Challenge” for a listing of all of our events. We hope this challenge will give everyone in the BTWB community a platform to test their abilities against one another. They aren’t meant to be ridiculously hard; mostly 2 minute durations with a single movement. See how you stack up against the competition, but most importantly…have some fun! This month’s Two Minute Challenge is: Max Double Unders in 2 Minutes.
- The monthly challenge can be accessed via the “competitions” tab in the header of Beyond The Whiteboard.
- A new workout will be announced at the beginning of each month.
- You’ll have until the 15th to post your result and attach a video.
- Videos must be on either youtube or vimeo.
- Please show the timer at the beginning of the workout and at the end of the workout, as well as any distances and weights that may be required.
I think this is an awesome idea. It is a fun and good way to challenge yourself against other crossfitters.
However I feel that you are a bit to relaxed with the standards. I don´t want to single any athlete out and they have done amazing efforts but if you look at the top athletes in the last competitions many of them don´t do the movements to standard.
This puts me off to competing. I can either choose to not do the movements to standard or be hopelessly behind.
@Magus: Thanks for the feedback. We watch every video, after the competition is over, and send out the winners email off of that. This month might be the first month we pull a few scores down and mark them as Non-Rx’d. To be honest, we are experimenting with our online competition format, and hence learning things new everyday. We have big plans for it in the future which will, hopefully, convince you to take part. Thanks again for the feedback.